Your annual guide for fireworks shows in and around Chester County, PA: featuring the best fireworks from Coatesville, Phoenixville, Downingtown, Exton, East Goshen, Parkesburg, Ludwig’s Corner, Nottingham, Tredyffrin, Malvern, Uwchlan, and Longwood Gardens.
If you know of a fireworks happening in the Chester County area this year, let me know in the comments or by emailing me at [info] at [chestercountyfireworks dot com].
Add your tips for best viewing and fallout avoidance to the comments below!
Please note: Ludwig Corners will not be having fireworks in 2011.
May 29, 2011 – Sunday
June 3, 2011 – Friday
- Strawberry Festival – runs Thurs June 2- Sunday June 5 on grounds of Brandywine Hospital. Fireworks at 9:45 PM. FREE, details. MAP
June 11, 2011 – Saturday
- East Brandywine Fire Company Kids Festival – Kids Festival 11 AM – 5 PM, East Brandywine Community Park. Parking for the fireworks starts at 8, fireworks at dark. Donation: $10/child. details MAP
June 18, 2011 – Saturday
- Chester County Balloon Festival – runs June Friday 17-18. Fireworks at dusk on Saturday. FREE, details.MAP
- Longwood Gardens – Stravinsky ‘Stravaganza, 9:15 PM. Entrance Fee, details. MAP
June 25, 2011 – Saturday
July 1, 2011 – Friday
- Fireworks at United Sports – Live music, classic car show, games, food, School of Rock. Opens at 5PM, fireworks at dark. Rain date: Sunday July 3. FREE, details. MAP
- Parkesburg Fire Company Annual Fair – Fireworks on Fri July 1, but the fair runs June 28 to July 2 2011. Minch Park, Parkesburg. Rain Date July 2, 2011. details. MAP
July 2, 2011 – Saturday
- Freedom Fest – Nottingham County Park: An Independence weekend concert, children’s entertainment, activity & food vendors, and fireworks display, 5-10:30 PM. Parking Fee, details. MAP
July 3, 2011 – Sunday
- Celebrate Coatesville – Fireworks at dusk following a day of kids’s events, noon to 9PM, FREE. details MAP
- Exton Miller Park – Exton – Independence Day Celebration – The Bryn Mawr Mainliners & The Chester County Concert Band. Concerts at 7PM, Fireworks at 9:30PM. (Rain Date, July 10) details. MAP
- Longwood Gardens – Celebrate America, 9:15 PM. Entrance Fee, details. MAP
- Whitford Country Club – A private country club up on the hill. Supposedly you can see the fireworks from the Jeff D’Ambrosio car dealership parking lot below or the Lowe’s parking lot. If you don’t mind tons of light pollution. MAP
July 4, 2011 – Monday
- Downingtown Good Neighbor Day – Fireworks at 9:30 PM, with entertainment all day at Kerr Park, Pennsylvania Avenue. Part of Downingtown’s Good Neighbor Day festivities. A full day of family goodness. FREE, details. MAP
- Phoenixville Fireworks – Fireworks at 9PMish at Friendship Field, corner of Fillmore St and Franklin Ave. Rain Date is July 5, 2011. FREE, details. MAP
- Tredyffrin Township Annual 4th of July Celebration. Fireworks at dusk. Chester County Concert Band – 7:15-9:15PM Chesterbrook PA. FREE, details. MAP
- Chester Valley Golf Club – private country club but fireworks can be seen all over. Fireworks usually at dark. details. MAP
July 9, 2011 – Saturday
- Uwchlan Township Community Day. Games, food, live music and Fireworks (self-proclaimed best in Chester County). 4PM – 8PM. Fireworks at dark, details. MAP
- North Coventry Fire Company Fair. Runs Monday July 4th to Saturday July 9th. (Fireworks on July 9) 10:30 PM. details. MAP
July 15, 2011 – Friday
- Malvern Fire Company Fair. Fair runs Tues July 12 – Saturday July 16, 2011, 6PM to 10PM. Fireworks are Friday night (7/15/2011) at 9:30PM. Rain Date: Saturday July 16, 2011. details. MAP