Still thinking about 2010? It’s 2011, baby, see the updated 2011 Chester County Fireworks schedule.
Your annual guide for fireworks shows in and around Chester County, PA. If you know of a fireworks happening in the Chester County area this year, let me know in the comments or by emailing me at [info] at [chestercountyfireworks dot com].
Add your tips for best viewing and fallout avoidance to the comments below!
June 3, 2010 – Friday
- Strawberry Festival – runs June 3-6 on grounds of Brandywine Hospital. Fireworks at 9:45 PM
June 19, 2010 – Saturday
- Chester County Balloon Festival – runs June 18-19. Fireworks at dusk on Saturday. FREE, details. MAP
June 26, 2010 – Saturday
- East Goshen Township Community Day Fireworks at East Goshen Park, at dusk – FREE, details (Rain date: June 27) MAP
July 2, 2010 – Friday
- Parkesburg Fire Company, Minch Park. After dark. Part of the ongoing Parkesburg PA Fire Company Fair happening 6/29-7/3. detailsMAP
- United Sports Training Center, Downingtown. Events start at 5PM includes performances by Downingtown School of Rock – FREE, details
- 1426 Marshallton Thorndale Rd, Downingtown PA 610.466.9744 MAP
July 3, 2010 – Saturday
- Ludwig’s Corner Horse Grounds hosted by Ludwigs Corner Fire Company at Dark. Pretty sure it’s free but probably a ‘donation’ to park, details (Rain date: July 10) MAP
- Downingtown Good Neighbor Day. Fireworks at 9:30 PM with entertainment all day at Kerr Park on Pennsylvania Avenue – FREE, detailsMAP
- Crowd avoidance tip from Debbie: “By the way, you can see Kerr Park fireworks from the CCIU!”
- Nottingham County Park Freedom Fest, Concert & Fireworks. Fireworks begin at about 9:45PM. $10 parking fee at the park and Herr’s Corporate Center with shuttles from parking areas. Events start at 5PM, details. (Rain date: July 4) MAP
- Whitford Country Club, Exton PA – Dusk. [Corrected to Saturday] A private country club up on the hill. Supposedly you can see the fireworks from the Jeff D’Ambrosio car dealership parking lot below or the Lowe’s parking lot. If you don’t mind tons of light pollution. MAP (Lowe’s parking lot)
July 4th 2010 – Sunday
- Tredyffrin Township Annual 4th of July Celebration. Fireworks at dusk. Joe Biaone Jazz Ensemble – 7:00-9:00pm Chesterbrook PA. FREE, detailsMAP.
- 2nd Annual Philadelphia Area Idiotarod and Phoenixville Fireworks, Phoenixville, PA. 4PM – 9:45PM. Shopping cart races followed by fireworks [Thanks, Phoenixville Fun Guide]. MAP
- Longwood Gardens Founder’s Favorites 9:15PM, Admission fees apply. MAP
- Chester Valley Golf Club, Malvern PA – Dusk. [Not confirmed yet] Private country club event. Supposedly, you can watch in your car from Great Valley School District parking lot on Church Road MAP
July 10, 2010 – Saturday
- Uwchlan Township Community Day, Music, Games, Food and promised ‘fun for all.’ The self-proclaimed “Best Fireworks in Chester County”, FREE, details.
- Lionville Park, Devon Drive, Exton PA MAP
- Celebrate Coatesville, Fireworks at 9/dusk following a day of kids’s events, FREE. details MAP
- Norco Fire Company Fair, 10:30 PM Pottstown, PA, FREE(?) details MAP
- 144 West Schuylkill Rd Pottstown PA 19465 610.323.3263
- Longwood Gardens Ladies & Gentlemen, The Beatles 9:15PM, Admission fees apply. details MAP
July 11, 2010 – Sunday
- Miller Park, Exton PA 7:15 PM concert followed by 9:30 PM fireworks FREE MAP
July 16, 2010 – Friday
- Malvern Fire Company Fair, Dusk. Part of annual Malvern Fire Company Fair July 13-17 Malvern PA. Rain Date Saturday 7/17. FREE details MAP
July 24, 2010 – Saturday
July 31, 2010 – Saturday
- Brandywine Picnic Park, Fireworks at dusk. Admission fee (probably) but may be some good ‘free’ viewing spots in the area. details MAP